Green Tea on the Military Diet
Caffeine is already an important part of the Military Diet and most of us need our daily fix to get through the day anyway. If coffee isn’t for you, how about an even healthier beverage that gives you so many health benefits at the same time?
Say hello to green tea, the Military Dieter’s best friend. Just like coffee is known for its versatility, green tea comes in a variety of flavors to keep your taste buds happy too. We know that green tea helps ward off cancer, lowers the risk of Alzheimer’s, improves oral health and even reduces the risk of getting Type II diabetes. But how exactly is green tea going to help you lose weight on the Military Diet?
Why Green Tea works so well on the Military Diet
- Green tea is heavily loaded with antioxidants called catechins which are known to burn fat and enhance one’s metabolism.
- Regular consumption of green tea has a direct effect on the body’s hormones which in turn play a big role in breaking down fat cells.
- Research shows that when combined with exercise and a healthy diet, green tea intake burns fat by up to 17% more. Even when we sleep, our body burns calories. Regular green tea drinkers burn 3 – 4% more calories every day when compared to people who don’t drink green tea.
- Green tea lovers claim they tend to eat less when consuming this beverage regularly. Science says it’s possible that green tea prevents the full absorption of fat from food.
- And finally, here’s our favorite weight loss benefit. Losing fat around the abdominal area is a lot harder than it looks because the visceral fat which is found covering the body organs takes a lot longer to burn as compared to fat deposits in other parts of the body. That’s where our green hero steps in! Research says that losing the fat in the abdomen is much easier when green tea is a regular part of your diet. No wonder fans swear by their cup of green whenever they need a pick-me-up.
Make green tea a part of your everyday, on or off, the Military Diet and you’ll have taken the first step to wellness from within.